welcome

welcome
welcome

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How to treat a water burn? {Skin Care}

So, on Thursday evening, I inadvertently placed my hand under a running hot water tap and the water was scalding hot. And, it burned my hand for almost a second. But, that was itself enough to burn the hand.

And, that was when I realized that how much can an acid burn scorch the body! The skin on the top wasn't affected at all. I didn't get any peeling or any blisters but under the skin it was burning like hell!!

Anyways, I tried out quite a few remedies to improve the condition. Let me discuss them.

Aloevera Gel
Incidentally, when my hand burnt, I didn't really care much for it. I went on with my usual activities of having bath and getting relaxed in the evening, all with a burning hand. Then, I applied the Rustic Art aloevera gel.

But, honestly, it didn't really help much. It was cool for a second and back to square one next! Though, I don't really think it is meant to help with deeper burns! May be aloevera gel from leaf helps though can't say much but it does soothe superficial burns.

Ice and Iced Water
Well, this was my savior. I have, god knows, wasted how much water that day. But, keeping cold ice on the hand wasn't really easy either. It hurts equally. This I did when I told my mom about my burnt hand.

And, later, when I was going to bed, I wrapped my hand with wash cloth soaked in ice water. This I kept on changing till I slept off. I kept a very huge bowl of cold water by the bed to dip the hand if I felt any burning. Fortunately, I slept off.

Toothpaste
Not the gel ones but the regular white toothpaste. I did apply quite a bit of it but I don't really think it helped me at all.

Vinegar diluted in Water
Apparently, this helps! Vinegar acts as a painkiller so if you get a painful burn, you can bathe the burn with water diluted with vinegar. I did pour some vinegar once into the iced water I was using but can't say how much helpful it was.

Sensitivity after the Burn
Ok, those were the few things I did. Honestly, had not my friend insisted so much on the ice water, I would probably have let go of the remedies after an hour only :D

Anyways, the next morning when I got up, I was expecting my skin to be peeling off from the hand but fortunately there was not even a small blister over there. No redness, no scar, nothing!

The only thing was the area was bloody sensitive and if it touched water, I would feel a discomfort. And, I was irritated the entire day because of the slight discomfort I was feeling in the hand.

So, one thing I learnt from the story was that you can burn yourself anytime so always keep a burnol or something else at hand so that it really helps. Once, I remember, a drop of oil fell on my hand when I was frying something. I didn't do anything and the scar is still there!

So, have you burnt yourself ever? How did you deal with it?