welcome

welcome
welcome

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Himani Navratna Oil {Product Review}

Navratan hair oil product review at perfect skin care for you indian beauty blog

I have been suffering from headaches since time immemorial! And, then comes summers when the need for a cooling oil increases multi-fold so I finally took the plunge and got a small bottle of this oil to try out. Before that, I had taken two opinions - one from mom and other from a friend.

One said it burns the eyes like after you apply amrutanjan and one said it feels like you have put ice on your head. Well, neither really held true in my case so I guess the oil feels different for different body types!!


Pros
relieves stress and anxiety
helps in sleeping peacefully
feels really cool on the scalp


Day 1 - I took only a few drops of oil and massaged with finger tips on the scalp. It really felt cool after a few seconds and it was an awesome feeling! It was peak summers in Hyderabad and I do get a lot drained in summers. The oil relieved the tiredness to an extent and lulled me to sleep.

Navratan hair oil product review at perfect skin care for you indian beauty blog

Other Uses - I have to say not all uses were same for me. Every time, it was different. Sometimes, I did feel cool on the scalp and sometimes not! I used it during headaches and it was a bit soothing. Oiling hair is good during headaches as it increases blood circulation and if you have something cool to compensate for the throbbing, what better than that?


Cons
smell might not be to everyone's liking though it is not exactly very strong! it smells herbally and does not go soon enough!


Today's Use (as and when the post is being written) - I had a headache due to combined effects of lack of fluids, improper diet and sleep and roaming in mid-afternoon sun and when I came back, the first thing I did was make myself a hot cup of tea and take a really hot bath and pop a pill and sleep! When I woke up, it was time for dinner so I fortified myself by which time I was feeling a lot better but hangover was still there. So, I oiled my hair with this and in half hour, I was decidedly awake thanks to the pill, sleep and oil. And, now I am typing away the review at the stroke of midnight without a wink of sleep in my eyes.

So, after all the rants, you would have got an idea whether I like the oil or not, right? Well, in my opinion, yes! The oil is great if you are looking to relieve yourself of headaches and anxiety and stress and lack of sleep. Bte, I have to add a word here that it might be helpful for dandruff though I am not very sure!

Price: Rs 30 for 50ml

Other hair oils reviewed: