welcome

welcome
welcome

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Oil {Product Review}

Doing product reviews in a small paragraph is awesome because it helps me get rid of products I don't have much to say about but some do deserve a proper mention.

The Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Oil Product Review at Perfect Skin Care for you

Price: Rs 895 for 150ml

Ingredients (taken from the website)
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Emollient), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent) 

Pros
gets absorbed in winters when the skin is really dry
moisturizing for all skin types except dry
smells faintly of Jasmine
softens the hair and is a good hair oil

Cons
very expensive
is very greasy on skin if not winters!!
might not be enough for dry skin

My Experience
I have had this product for quite a long time. Its basically coconut oil, I believe!! Or, rather believed before I got this entire ingredient list!! I thought it smells of Jasmine and coconut blended but its actually Gardenia. Apparently, Gardenia smells just like Jasmine. 

Anyways, I used this a couple of months back when I found it too greasy to apply. But, in fact, it does get absorbed pretty quickly into the skin in winters and moisturize well. But, there is one issue. I don't think it will be enough for too dry skin. One has to follow with a mositurizer.

Otherwise, its a perfect companion for winters. Now, I also used it as a hair oil. It makes the hair really soft but I don't think I really saw any better shine. But, yes, it is expensive enough to discourage you to use it as a regular hair oil :D But, yup, one of the good buys from TBS. 

Have you used the product? How do you like it?

Other products from The Body Shop: