welcome

welcome
welcome

Friday, December 18, 2015

Should you do exercise when mensturating? {Women Stuff}


Ok, I would like to be convinced why we should not exercise if we are menstruating. I did a google search on this topic and I found no particular link saying you should really rest IF you do not suffer from major cramps or heavy bleeding. 

Caution: This is only for those who do not have heavy bleeding or suffer badly during those days of the month!! Please do not exercise if you have heavy PMS or mensuration. All you can do is walk in such a case. 

So, I do not really suffer from major issues during this time of the month. My blood flow is normal and I generally do not have anything major than leg pains and heavy feeling in the lower part of the body but that settles down if I rest properly.

When I did a google search, all I found was that you can walk, jog, run and even do Yoga during these days except for some of the inverted poses in the Yoga and even swim. Pranayam is specifically recommended for relaxation. Also, one can do Suryanamaskar or stretches or such exercises which do not involves stomach strains or back strain.


But, still, when I went for my Yoga classes (yup, will write about them) today, my acquaintances said I should only rest for the first three days. Now, you would obviously be interested in knowing how I managed an hour of the class.

Honestly, it wasn't too bad. Some of the exercises I totally avoided because it was straining my back but I did do many Suranamaskars and other easy ones which were mostly stretches today. And, afterward, I was feeling pretty good. And, I didn't really push myself more.

My legs weren't heavy anymore. And, this is till now. I would check till tomorrow and let you know if I did really suffer anything major after having a good/bad night sleep :) And, please do convince me if I should really avoid exercising altogether keeping in mind my state of periods. 

Any doctor's opinion would be welcome :) And, am I relying on internet more than necessary?