welcome

welcome
welcome

Thursday, December 3, 2015

What's my stand on the Ingredients Debate? [Part - I]


Day in, day out, I receive many queries regarding usage of natural products or how to avoid chemicals in the products and, then, I read so many misconceptions on the ingredients and all. Ok, so, first of all, the biggest misconception is that we think we know a lot about the chemical compositions and we are good enough judges.

Always remember, "Too little knowledge is always dangerous, as well". Now, I don't remember why this whole chemicals being bad debate actually start but when I started blogging, even I was taken in with it. Ok, now there is another perspective - the choice of being Organic.

I prefer organic or natural things because they are environment friendly. But, by no means, I continue to support the ingredients debate. There are quite a lot of reasons for that. First, the philosophy of some natural brands is just blasphemous. 

"Your skin absorbs about 60-70% of what you put on it"
Do you honestly think that? I mean, ok, let's for one instance go back to the basics of why we need skin? Of course, to cover the skeleton and all. And, the other function being to eliminate the toxins and be a part of the excretion process, right? Oh, and also, to keep the bacteria and foreign bodies outside.


So, why would anyone claim that skin absorbs a staggering 60% of what you put on it? If so, why doesn't water get absorbed by the body? It should, right? By that statement, we should all be bloating externally!! The statement honestly makes no sense and companies which use this as the philosophy does sound dubious to me. 

Not to mention too publicly, one of my preferred brands also claims this. I realized it quite lately but I prefer the brand because I have seen the efficacy of the products and, thus, would ignore such claims. I like natural products and I think I have acquired a bit of knowledge to make a judgement on what I would LIKE to use than what I SHOULD use?

Oh btw, I don’t even mean to say that none of the chemicals are biodegradable. I think before we claim that, we should ponder on the fact that everything including human beings are made up of chemicals. So, we can’t really say no to chemicals. Don’t you think so? What do you say about the Ingredients Debate?