welcome

welcome
welcome

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Are you sold the fairness products by sales assistants? {Your Opinion}

When I went to watch Heroine, I also went to check out products at the H2O+ counter at Shopper's Stop just like that to get some samples :D I did get samples but the guy was repeatedly selling me the whitening range of their products!!! I told him that I do not need any whitening products but still he continued with that. Its not the first time I had this kind of an encounter. Female assistants are even worse, in my opinion. 

If they see any person with darker skin tone, they simply start selling the whitening products!!! To give credit to the guy I mentioned above, he did try to sell me the brightening products later on! Anyways, I have often noted that this is a trend everywhere. And, I don't think its fault of the SA's but the society on the whole as Indians are really and I mean REALLY obsessed with white skin. 

I wanna clear a small misconception that many people have. Even many of the South Indians are in fact very fair and have flawless complexion, may be not as much as Kashmiris but definitely fair in a creamy complexion kind of a way. So, yes, those people are really proud of their complexion and often look for people with the same complexion. I have often noticed that North Indians often think that all Southies are dark but that's not true at all. I'll elaborate more on this theme later :) 

Anyways, you tell me - do you get irritated by these whitening products unnecessarily thrusted upon you or you like to buy the fairness products?

Don't forget to share your opinions on these posts: