welcome

welcome
welcome

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Do you think ice bucket challenge is cool and fun? {Environment}

Well, this has taken entire media by storm. Right from celebrities to family, everyone is doing the fad. Why are they doing it is something I would love to question. Does anyone really know for what was ice bucket challenge started for in the first place? 

The answer for me would be a huge NO. Honestly, I have no idea what ALS is all about and I am too lazy to google about it. In fact, I would like to ask a question - has anyone really made the effort to google and read what sort of a disease is ALS? I am sure such a population would be minimal. 

Anyways, may be I am over-reacting but just like Matt Damon, I have a tad bit of concern about the wastage of a full or half a bucket of water and ice, especially when there is such a shortage of water. Ok, I do not really mean pouring toilet water is a better solution.

But, then, I was using water in the kitchen today and that is clean water which is at max a little dirty because of cleaning veggies and rice and pulses (at least in veg kitchen) so may be one could collect that over a period of time and reuse it unless you have a garden, terrace or otherwise!! Just a thought.

So, what do you say? Is it a mindless waste of water or is it really doing something for the cause?