welcome

welcome
welcome

Saturday, October 24, 2015

5 Tips for Lip Care {Five Series}

Few days back some one had asked me about remedies from pigmentation around the lips. So, lets check out a few ways, I found my lips to remain soft and pink all time :) All the same skin care rules apply so don't forget your lips next time!! All these tips help me to prevent pimented and chapped lips both.

Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize
Very important. Keep a lip balm at your side all the time. Ok, I do have a little reservation on applying a lip balm in a room full of people, especially males. How do you exactly deal with that type of situation? Would really appreciate some tips.

And, don't forget to apply lip balm every time you drink or eat something, especially if you are no fan of lipsticks. Honestly, I have never applied any lipstick in life and I don't have any idea how they stay on even after you eat something.


Sun Protection 
Oh yes, lips are way thinner than your skin and do not have any natural sun protection built in them. They do not have melanin so they can't protect themselves against sun rays. So, I keep a spf 15 lip balm from Nivea around me all time. If you get a higher spf, go for it.

Exfoliate
Yes, they also need exfoliation. And, protection after that!! So, don't forget to use your sugar scrub next time on your lips as well and see your lips become so soft and pinky pinky ;) Or, you can also use your tooth brush just after you finish brushing. 


Cleanse that Color
You do make it a point to remove all your makeup and sunscreen but do you remember to remove that lipstick or lipbalm? I do make sure to remove it and if I am using oil to cleanse my sunscreen, it also helps in making my lips soft and oil also prevents the chapping of the lips.

Water
More water you drink, more your lips stay hydrated and pink. Does it ever happen to you that reading drink more water sends a signal to your brain and your hand automatically gets stretched to the water bottle? It does happen with me. Now that I am writing it, I am stopping in between to gulp a mouthful of water :D

And, last word, don't overdo anything because lips are really sensitive and they get chapped really fast on mishandling. So, what do you do for your lips? How do you prevent pigmentation and discoloration of your lips?