welcome

welcome
welcome

Monday, October 26, 2015

Keep your surroundings clean!! {Environment}

Ok, this is no beauty post but I really don't want to preach anything coz I do not generally follow what I preach but I have seen somethings which really affect me to a very huge extent so just wanted to discuss about that. Please do not think it is to criticize some one. 

We are all human beings and live in a community. This becomes even more important when we are living in a hostel or with strangers. Family always tends to adjust so we can be a little lenient or lazy. But, I have also noticed that people tend to be more responsible at home than outside which is pretty strange. 

So, this is about utensils. I live in a hostel kind of a place where there is a central kitchen and dinner is served like a buffet and we are supposed to serve ourselves. Many people take their dinners and go into their rooms and have food over there. No issues there. 

But, when it comes to putting the plates back into just the sink, people become too lazy and leave the plates outside their rooms rotting with all the leftovers till the servants come and pick those plates up (which is generally next day afternoon)!! I mean would you really leave plates unattended like that at your home?


No, right? Then, why outside? Aren't you living there? I mean you are gonna breathe the same air every time you come outside your room and eat int he very same plates next day and day after, right? Those insects crawling on those leftovers are gonna probably get inside your rooms as well and make the entire place stink!!

And, its not as if its a once in a blue moon thing. It happens everyday. When you are not well, one can understand but why such irresponsibility when you are hale and hearty and CAN WALK. Trust me, many people lack that luxury. This is something which you might even witness or remember if you have lived in hostels!!

Its really sad that people do not realize such a simple thing just because of sheer laziness. The worst part of everything is that one can't simply walk up to those people and say anything because you never know how people will react. I wish I knew a simple way to solve this issue.  

Don't we make a hue and cry when we see bad food being served or hygiene not being maintained??? Then, why do we make the very mistake when it comes to our turn? Honestly, it irritates me to eat in the very plates. I am planning to get my own plate and wash it myself!!!  

In fact, I did try to tell one of the girls with whom I talk a bit more. But, I hate to say this honestly, but, damn, she is unhygienic :D I can't help myself. I am sorry guys :D Please forgive me. Anyways, the response to my statement was simply that the servant would take the plate next day.

Should I really stand up for it? Or, should I let it continue just coz I don't want to mess with some strangers?? Waiting for your answers!!