welcome

welcome
welcome

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Diwali preparations??

that's my collage of pics of Diwali in 2010

So, Diwali is right around the corner and I am super excited. This is my favorite-st festival of the year. I am not exactly preparing or anything. The suit I am gonna wear, I had bought it an year ago already :D Will definitely hunt if I get something better of course!! Girls will be girls, after all :)

Anyways, so what are your plans? Are you thinking about fire crackers? Or, an eco-friendly Diwali. Honestly, I would love to keep it noiseless and cracker-less but I love "anar" and this is the only time in the entire year to burn it so I don't know if I really want to give it up. 

But, yes, I do feel the guilt thinking about the sad children working in the cracker factories getting injured everyday and the amount of pollution we add to the environment in just a single day!! Ya, I know I am playing up on the guilt of all :D

Oh yes, I also want to try my hand again at rangoli. Last year was the first time I actually made it!! It wasn't that great but wasn't bad either. I want to be better this time. Actually, spreading the rice flour with the fingers is not as easy as it looks!! 

If you use a chalk piece, that's easy enough. But, my mom use rice flour to sketch the lines. And, she also makes Lakshmi's feet with the rice flour only, the paste mixed with water. I used to help my friend make them at her house coz my mom finishes all this even before I get up in the morning or evening :D